Amazing Love

"How can you still love us when we are always unfaithful to You? How? How?
... You love us still because Your love is not dependent on us. Oh how great is Your love."

Just watched a Christian movie entitled "Amazing Love", and it really made the story of Hosea in the bible come to life. It actually made me read the whole book of Hosea.

It reminded me how faithful God's love is... how unfailing. Even when we are unworthy, when we stray away from Him, when we blatantly choose to ignore Him... He still keeps on loving us. What can we do but love Him back? What's keeping us from falling in love with Him completely?

More on this.


This movie actually prompted me to "return" to God... much like how Gomer was bought back by her own husband, Hosea, I felt the love that God has for me and how He continually loves me eventhough I continually disappoint Him ...return to God wholeheartedly.


The movie started out really slow actually, and the only thing that kept my interest was how promising this seemed in the trailer. And it did not disappoint. A story was developed and a specific storyline was determined, making it interesting and heart-gripping. It led you to sympathize with Hosea, and ultimately prompt you to try to look from God's perspective - who else could have paid for you when you've seemingly lost all "value"?


Because of this movie, the next day I was moved to sing "Blessings"by Laura Story for an invocation in a seminar programme - it just seemed fitting. (I much like this instrumental video of Blessings too, so if you know the song already you could also check it out.)

If hardships make you feel like God doesn't really love you or you desire something that can't be yours no matter what you do so you feel like you're being punished or less loved, look to God's love again. Look to the Cross. What God did through Jesus so that our sins could be washed clean, so that we could live for forever, is greater than any kind of love in this world.

I pray for you and me that we'll always be able to see that God's love truly is amazing

(Background photo downloaded from Google, edited in Photoshop c2013)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Feed

Blogroll

Blog Traffic

About